Oconto County Jail
Oconto County Sheriff’s Department
301 Washington Street
Oconto, WI 54153
This is a reference guide for friends and family of detainees in the Oconto County Jail.
If you have further questions, please ask the staff on duty.
Jail Control (920) 834-6918
Fax (920) 834-6914
Carol Kopp, Jail Administrator
· The jail accepts cash, debit cards, credit cards at the Steller Kiosk. There is a fee charged to use the kiosk.
· The website of www.jailatm.com may also be used.
· Money for inmates can be used to purchase items from canteen. The jail will take in no items it shall all be purchased from canteen.
· Only emergency messages will be taken and passed on to inmates.
· Inmates may purchase phone minutes through the jail canteen.
· If you are having issues with the phone system please call SECURUS at 1-800-844-6591, or visit
SECURUS Technologies for more options.
· All other phone calls from jail inmates will be made collect only.
· Visitation hours vary; contact the jail for more information.
• Visitors of age 18 years or older are required to show a photo I.D.
· Efforts are made to allow visiting time for everyone.
- No food, drink, or electronic devices allowed.
· Inmates are allowed 2 visits per visiting period.
· Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and must show a birth certificate.
· Visits will be 15 minutes in length.
· Visitors may be asked to provide photo identification.
· Visits can be denied, refused, or terminated for the safety and security of the jail.
· No persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed to visit.
· All mail must come through the U.S. Post Office.
· Only mail that comes through the Post Office will be delivered to the inmate.
- All mail must have full name and address of the person sending the mail.
· All mail is subject to inspection by jail staff. Legal mail will be inspected at that time the inmate opens the mail.
· Inmates may purchase stamped envelopes through the jail canteen.
· The jail does not accept stamps, envelopes or mail, left by visitors for the inmates.
· Oconto County Jail allows photos. Photos may not include gang graffiti, unclothed persons or alcohol or cigarettes. No Polaroid photos allowed, or other contraband.
· Huber work release and GPS programs are available to inmates that qualify.
* Religious and self help programs are available to all inmates.