Do you have medications at home that you no longer need? It’s important to get rid of those medications safely! You can now drop off these medications using the Suring Police Department’s medication drop box. The drop box is located inside Suring Village Hall and is open Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Oconto County now has five medication drop boxes: Gillett Police Department, Nicolet Pharmacy in Lakewood, Oconto Falls Police Department, Oconto County Law Enforcement Center and Suring Police Department.
Do not drop sharps/needles/syringes in any of the medication drop boxes. To get rid of your sharps, take them to HSHS St. Clare Hospital in Oconto Falls, Oconto Falls Pharmacy, Oconto Pharmacy; in Lakewood Nicolet Pharmacy and Northern Health Centers.
What is accepted in the medication drop box?
- Expired or unwanted prescriptions and medicine, including pills and liquids
- Vitamins and herbal medicines
- Pet medications
- Over the counter medicines
- Sharps, needles and/or syringes
- Illegal drugs
- Non-medical inhalers
- Diabetes monitors and supplies
- Items from businesses
- Pills in bottles: take the pills out of the bottle and pour the pills directly into the drop box, take the bottle with you and throw away somewhere else.
- Pills in blister packages: take the blister package out of the outside cardboard container and drop the blister pack directly into the drop box.Throw away the cardboard container somewhere else.
- Liquids: make sure the lid is closed tightly and place container in the drop box.
For more information, please call Oconto County Public Health at 920-834-7000.